New Funding Opportunity for Engaging Youth
The Government of Canada has 3-year (2018 to 2021) funding available for organizations to develop and deliver programming for children. This funding will support national-scale, regionally specific programs aimed at educating and engaging children aged 6 to 12 in Canadian wildlife conservation. Overall, this funding will educate kids about protecting Canada’s biodiversity for future generations and the threats, like climate change, that impact it. More specifically, the funding will support programming that achieves the following three goals:
- increasing kids’ knowledge and awareness of Canada’s wildlife, including threats to wildlife and habitat, and how to conserve and recover species at risk
- providing kids with opportunities to get involved in activities that help conserve nature
- inspiring kids to be active stewards of the natural world
Download the Request for Proposals to learn more about this funding opportunity and how to submit a proposal by Tuesday April 3rd, 2018
Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Science Horizons supports green jobs for youth by providing wage subsidies to eligible employers to hire interns in the environmental sector. Interns must be recent college or university graduates in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
The program is delivered by our two agents, Environmental Careers Organization Canada (ECO Canada) and Colleges and Institute Canada, who deliver the Environmental Youth Corps and the Clean Tech Internship Program, respectively.
- Provincial, territorial, municipal and local governments including institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
- Local organizations such as community associations and groups, seniors and youth groups, and service clubs
- Indigenous including First Nations band/tribal councils
- Non-government organizations including not-for-profit, such as charitable, volunteer organizations and professional associations
- For-profit organizations such as small businesses, companies, corporations and industry associations
- Post-secondary educational institutions
Range of funding available
A maximum of $15,000 per year.